Museos Abiertos is an initiative created to open the heritage collection to the knowledge of the general and academic public and promote new ways of accessing cultural data.
We create programs and projects of semantic engineering / open data / open content / artificial intelligence in the heritage domain, oriented to Galleries, Libraries, Archives, Museums and Heritage.
Our goal is, among others, to bring cultural heritage closer to people, aiming to,
- Develop tools for the management of collections and their catalogs.
- Standardize data and metadata of records and collections.
- Represent citizens in their right to participate in culture;
- Disseminate the activities and results of its own or third party research, managing the access or transfer of the results obtained to their specific recipients or to society as a whole;
- To advise and promote the creation of new museums, cultural centers, cultural programs in the media, and other mechanisms for the creation, promotion and dissemination of cultural goods;
- To manage, coordinate and advise on educational and research activities;
- To train human resources in related subjects, on its own initiative or under agreements with third parties.
- Encourage cooperation between research teams;
- Initiate and manage research programs and projects, disseminate their results and implement them.